Monday, January 18, 2016

The Future is Fast

Nike football advertisement

I saw this advertisement just the other day as I was watching football. I thought that it was very well done because it sends out a good message that Nike stands for. This advertisement, like many other Nike advertisements, is meant to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. In addition, that if you have a body, you are an athlete. The ad effectively puts across this message by using kids from different backgrounds and circumstances to take the role of professional football players on the big stage. By doing this, Nike is giving every kid the opportunity to dream big no matter where they came from or the environment they grew up in.

This advertisement also inspires kids to achieve greatness by allowing them to be their hero. When I was a kid I used to imagine myself as a superstar athlete, one that I admired and looked up to, and I would put myself in their shoes. For instance, I used to go out in my backyard and imagine I was Wilt Chamberlain, and then I would take as many shots as it took me to get to 100 points (because he set the all-time record for points in a game at 100). All the same, Nike allows kids to imagine themselves in the shoes of their idols, and to believe that they can become great just like the athletes they aspire to be.

I found it very interesting at how subtly Nike products were actually promoted in the advertisement. The first time I saw this ad, I had no idea it was done by Nike until the very end when I saw the famous swoosh. I had to watch it several times to actually realize that it did in fact use Nike products. I think the reason for this is because Nike is trying to sell a message rather than any particular product. With that being said, it is important to note that the swoosh is without the word Nike on top of it, because with or without the word Nike on top of it, the general population will see the swoosh and associate it with Nike. The Nike logo is so renowned that it has become synonymous with the organization's actual name. When people see this message followed up by Nike's signature swoosh, they immediately identify greatness with Nike. This is what makes Nike so effective in terms of its advertising, because to kids who see this ad, Nike is the central key to greatness.



No comments:

Post a Comment