Demarcus Cousins for 2016 All-Star Video
For the first time last season, the dominant Sacramento Kings big man, Demarcus Cousins (who I think is secretly my father) made the All-star team to compete in the All-star game. For those of you that don't know the All-star game is basically an exhibition game hosted annually by the NBA, featuring the leagues most dominant players. It's kind of a big deal. So through this blog, I'm not only going to talk about how wonderful this commercial is, but also why you should definitely vote Cousins to 69622 everyday if you a real one.
Through this commercial Cousins is campaigning to make a return to the game this season. Paying homage to the 1979 Coca-Cola commercial starring Mean Joe Green. Here is the original commercial from back in 1979:
Coca-Cola Classic ad: Mean Joe Green
Of course seeing this commercial campaigning Cousins' return to the All-star game for the first time at Sleep Train Arena, I had no idea that it was a remake of a commercial from 1979 until I was informed by my father. But apparently the Mean Joe Green advertisement is one of the famous Coca-Cola commercials in history. Given all the Coke advertisements I've seen in my lifetime alone, that must be a tough list to make. But that is one reason why this commercial campaign was so successful, because it appeals to the older audience who grew up seeing the legendary Mean Joe Green Coke ad. However, it also appeals to the younger audiences who have no idea that it was a remake, because its use of humor. Besides who wouldn't want Boogie's sweaty head band?? You're a fool if you wouldn't. Remember, Cousins is the best big man in the league, so vote Cousins to 69622 or instagram/tweet Cousins #NBAVote. Let's get Boogie to the All-star game!
No comments:
Post a Comment